What are our priorities?
America’s infrastructure is the foundation of our way of life. Infrastructure includes everything from roads, bridges, and dams, to drinking water, energy production, and our national defense. Quite simply, we can’t live without it.
When policymakers invest in these areas, we must ensure that these investments are protected, and we can do that by requiring corrosion planning and the use of qualified professionals. Policymakers don’t quite see the world as we do, and we must change that.
The CORROSION and COATINGS PAC makes a difference by building champions in Congress to help raise awareness of important issues and build support for key policies.
Here are some of the areas that the PAC focuses on
- We advocate for coatings and corrosion control in the design, construction, and maintenance of all U.S. infrastructure. Corrosion control policies, including the use of trained professionals, is integral to asset integrity, asset sustainability, and fiscal responsibility.
Job creation and increased opportunities
- The coatings and corrosion industries are growing and so are the job opportunities within the industry. Combined with this growth is an anticipated wave of retirements among long-time industry professionals.
- We support legislative initiatives that lead to job creation through increased investment in public infrastructure, training and qualification requirements, and incentives for investment in improved asset integrity.
- We inform lawmakers about the advantages of requiring qualified professionals in the design, construction, and maintenance of public infrastructure projects; and the benefits of providing incentives for businesses to hire trained and certified professionals for private sector projects.
Small business issues
- Small businesses are the cornerstone of the American economy. There are over 32.5 million small businesses across the United States.
- Many coatings and corrosion prevention professionals either own or work at a small business, and it’s our goal to promote policies that protect and increase opportunities for these businesses.
- The PAC works with policymakers to ensure small business growth and sustainability for the future. These priorities will increase job creation and opportunities.